Last updated: 5 December 2017
Welcome to SciGround
If you are under the age of 13, please review these Terms with your parent or guardian.
The online protection of children and young people under the age of 18 is a shared responsibility between SciGround, the parent or guardian, and the child. SciGround aims to ensure that children and young people who engage with our Services understand the possible risks they face and how to minimise them. If you permit your child to use your device to use the Services, then you are solely responsible for deciding whether or not the Services is appropriate for your child to use.
During game play, please be aware of your surroundings and play safely. You agree that your use of the Services and play of the game is at your own risk. It is your responsibility to maintain any health, liability, hazard, personal injury, medical, life, and other insurance policies that you deem reasonably necessary for any injuries that you may incur while using the Services.
- You agree that when using the Services, you will not:
- Encourage any other user to engage in unsafe play;
- Use the Services with any content that is unlawful, harmful, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, pornographic, libellous, invasive of another’s privacy, inflammatory, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- Violate, or encourage any conduct that would violate, any applicable law or regulation;
- Respect the intellectual property of SciGround and all content featured in the Services, being copyrighted material, trademarks and related proprietary information. This includes, but is not limited to text, images, software, photo, video, graphics and sound;
- Use the Services with any content that infringes any intellectual property of another party;
- Use the Services for a commercial purpose;
- Interfere with the delivery of the Services;
- Modify, test, decompile, disassemble, copy, or change the Services in anyway.
Rights in App
Subject to your compliance with these Terms, SciGround grants you a limited nonexclusive, non-transferable, non-sub-licensable license to download and install a copy of the App on a mobile device and to run the App solely for your own personal, non-commercial purposes. Except as expressly permitted in these Terms, you may not: (a) copy, modify, or create derivative works based on the App; (b) distribute, transfer, sublicense, lease, lend, or rent the App to any third party; (c) reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the App; or (d) make the functionality of the App available to multiple users through any means. SciGround reserves all rights in and to the App not expressly granted to you under these Terms.
Expenses and Equipment
You are solely responsible for paying all expenses you may incur when you access or use the Services. This includes your internet or data service provider charges, and any excess charges to that provider if you have a limit on the amount of data you can download, together with all costs of the equipment and software you need to connect to and use the Services. SciGround is not responsible if your equipment or software is not compatible with the Services.
If for any reason a court of competent jurisdiction finds any provision or portion of these Terms to be unenforceable, the remainder of these Terms will continue in full force and effect. If SciGround elects not to exercise or enforce any right that it has at a particular time, this does not prevent SciGround from later seeking to exercise or enforce that right. These Terms will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New South Wales in Australia which shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes.
We may need to modify these Terms from time to time. Please check this page regularly so you are aware of any updates to the Terms. Your continued use of the Services will signify your acceptance of the changes to these Terms. We may change or discontinue all or any part of the Services at any time and without notice.
If you have any enquiries about the SciGround App, the Services or these Terms, please contact SciGround at: email@example.com